Saturday, March 08, 2008

Must Be The Yarn

Green Soleil Tank...
Finished March 7th, 2008
I am quite pleased with how this tank knitted up and finished up. I used Cascade Pima/Tencel Cotton. The feel of this yarn is super soft, so that makes it a pleasure to feel next to the skin. It washed up wonderfully too and I even put it in the dryer to speed up the drying process. Because it has cotton in it when it was wet it was heavy and hard to block without it becoming extremely distorted. I took a chance and put it in the dryer on low for about 15 minutes until it was damp dry. Since that was a success I will wear this top and know when it is time to wash it I have nothing to fear that it won't reshape well.

As with the orange tank, the one with the unfortunate yarn choice, I made the same modifications to the pattern, mainly with the arm hole size and strap width size. I also edged both armholes and neck with 2 rows of garter stitch instead of crochet. Since I am left handed that hook is so awkward for me to use. I don't like armholes that are so tight that my antiperspirant rubs off on the fabric and you get this unsightly white dust on it...

One other thing I would change with this pattern is the plunging neckline. It just barely conceals my bra. The orange top didn't seem so low so I didn't even consider modifying that part on the green top. My husband on the other hand thinks it it wonderful!














And on a sad note, I found Carlos dead yesterday. He is still out on the driveway. I am surprised that he has not been picked off by a bird or some other roaming critter in the garden.

Posted by Picasa

2 Comments. Please leave your comment here.:

Anonymous said...

Your top is beautiful! I like the neckline; if you have it, flaunt it!

Anonymous said...

This top is very pretty. Is it warm enough in Fairfax to wear this in the summer? I live in Redding-too hot for almost anything in the summer.